Friday, October 15, 2010

The view from our new home.

Saturday, October 9

We went over to the new condo early.  We took pictures out the windows.  What a beautiful view.  I started taking photos at the #2 bedroom window and panned left to right for four photos which is our westerly view.  Then I skipped the master bedroom because it is the same view.  I skipped the #3 bedroom northerly view and the kitchen northerly view and took the northerly view from the dining room window, four photos panning from left to right.  Then I went to the great room bay window and took five photos panning left to right of the easterly view.  We decided not to take photos of inside the condo until the floors were cleaned and waxed.  You will just have to wait.

The first four westerly view photos are from master bedroom and are the same from bedroom two panning left to right.





The second four are northerly view photos from the dining room window, the bedroom #3 window and the kitchen window are the same, panning left to right.



The last five photos are easterly view photos from the great room bay window panning left to right.


Later in the morning we went to Mercado Feria Libre to buy potatoes.  We took the bus there bought the potatoes and decided to try to bus back to the Ortorongo apartment.  What a mistake.  It took forever to get to the other side of the very busy traffic roundabout then we walked forever to the bus stop.  We won’t do that again.  We will take a taxi as we usually do.  It isn't worth the $1.50 to do that again.

When we got back to the Ortorango apartment Di took a siesta.  I wore her out again.  I went off by bus to the center of colonial Cuenca to get extra sets of keys made for the condo.  Juan told me of a place that could make these special keys that they use in our condo.  I walked forever.  I got lost.  I called Juan and he steered me straight.  I finally found the place and lo and behold it was closed for siesta!  So I walked around until I found a great restaurant across from the Parque de Calderon.  The food was excellent.

 I went back to the lock smith shop and got there just as he was closing up again!?!  I talked him into opening back up and making my keys.  I didn’t need Spanish for this one.  He saw the keys and at $10 each for the special door key times two, he jumped at it.  I took the bus back to Ortorango apartments and took a nap.  I had walked 20 to 30 blocks and I was beat.

Later that afternoon Di and I took a taxi to Mall del Rio and bought dishes and silverware.  We went back to condo and dropped them off.  We walked back to Ortorongo and crashed.  And so ended another busy day in our retirement adventure.

1 comment:

  1. We're enjoying reading about your retirement adventures and your new apartment. Look forward to seeing more photos!

    ~Gayle & Paul

    ReplyDelete