Friday, October 1, 2010

Back to normal

Today is Friday, October 1st and no, I didn’t even think about taking my camera on my walk today.  It was the last thing on my mind as I looked out the gate at our apartment complex trying to decide whether I was going for my daily walk or not.  As I stood there at about , I noticed that everything appeared normal.  People were walking, cars were on the street, taxis were running and the buses were full.  I did remember however that the U.S. State Department did tell all Americans in Ecuador to remain indoors until the problem clears.  Well it looked clear to me so out I went.  It was a great walk.  I got back and got Di up and we did our continental breakfast.

We decided that since we didn’t get to go shopping at Mall del Rio yesterday we would try it again today.  We still didn’t know for sure that things were back to normal but remember this is an adventure so out we went.  We went to the mall by bus about and we ate lunch at Dona Menestra in the mall food court.  It was traditional Ecuadorian fare.  I had beef, rice, beans, a potato, plantains and something I didn’t recognize.  Di had beef, french fries, salad and she gave her beans to me.  She doesn’t eat beans, Ecuadorian or otherwise.

We window shopped most of the stores and I bought a new light jacket made in Ecuador.  Di bought a sweater and a belt.  She had to buy the belt because she got tired of losing her pants.  I am walking her hard every day and she is losing weight.

We then went shopping in the Mercado for groceries.  As was our agreement we took a taxi home and not the bus.  Everything appeared to be normal during our outing.  For Cuenca anyway the problems of the day before seemed to be over.

We had a quiet meal at home.  I worked on getting all the blog posts published and up to date and it will be off to bed early as we are going to Mercado Feria Libre tomorrow morning early and I have asked Di to not let me forget to take photos of the apartment complex and of my walk tomorrow.  No photos were taken today.  And so ends another day in our adventure.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe this time I will remember that Ecuador has a c and not a q in it and it doesn't end with an e. Did you follow all that?!!! Enjoying all your Blog entries and the pics too!!! Keep em coming. So, what day are you setting aside for rest? Remember Sunday? Love you two and miss ya.
    ps: glad you found some good Texans as neighbours.

    ReplyDelete