Friday, October 1, 2010

Met our Attorney

Today is Tuesday, September 28th and I (Bob) decided to take a daily walk each morning.  I got up at about and left Di sleeping.   You can’t walk in Tampa because it is either too hot or too cold or too muggy or too many mosquitoes.  Here the weather is absolutely perfect and there are no bugs to speak of and nice and cool.  I walked along the river for a few blocks and then back.  Then I walked in the other direction for a few blocks and checked out the neighborhood.  I found a welding shop just opening up, an auto oil change shop, a couple of what I guess you can call quick stops like Handy Way or Seven Eleven but much smaller.  They are however very third world.  On one of my walks in a couple of days when I get to know the neighborhood real well I will take some photos and publish them on the blog.

When I got back, I got Di up and we went out to the outside dining area in the court yard and we had a continental breakfast of bread, butter, jam and coffee.  After breakfast I worked on the blog.

We decided that the early part of the day would be a chance to just crash and relax.  We had leftover lasagna for lunch.

About we took a taxi to our attorney and at we met our attorney Dr. Galo Cardenas Rodas.  He got us started on the correct path to getting our residency visas and laid out all that we needed to do and to know.  He also made us certified color copies of our passports in case we misplace our original passports.  When we left his office we knew what we needed to do and were very satisfied with our meeting.

When we left the attorneys office it was raining.  We hailed a taxi and went back to our apartment.  We relaxed for an hour or so and then got a taxi and went to the Eucalyptus Café for dinner.  We got there early and found a table right next to a roaring fireplace and had an excellent dinner and drinks and met new friends including Jim and Silene from Texas who we would later find out lived two doors down from us.

After dinner we took a taxi home and we were in bed early.  We didn’t take any photos today.  So ended another day in our adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment